On 4th November 2018, long time Dhamma speaker Bro Benny Liow will be starting a new syllabus based on the Eight-fold noble path and how to apply the teaching into our daily life. There will be Sutta discussions which focuses on the Fundamental teachings of the Buddha.
- Introduction (Dhammacakkapavatthana Sutta, SN 56.11)
- Right View (Sammaditthi Sutta, MN 9)
- Right Thoughts (Vittakka-santhana Sutta, MN 20)
- Right Action (Abhisandha Sutta, AN 8.39)
- Right Speech (Vaca Sutta, AN 5.198)
- Right Livelihood (Vanijja Sutta, AN 5.177)
- Right Effort (Magga-vibhanga Sutta, SN 45.8)
- Right Mindfulness (Mahasatipatthana Sutta, DN 22)
- Right Stillness (Samadhanga Sutta, AN 5.28)
Bro Benny Liow is the editor of Eastern Horizon, journal of the Young Buddhist Association of Malaysia. He was the Editorial Consultant and contributor to the “Religions and Beliefs” volume of The Encyclopedia of Malaysia. His writings have appeared in the Journal of the Malaysian Branch of the Royal Asiatic Society, Kajian Malaysia, and in “Nurturing Child and Adolescent Spirituality: Perspectives from the World’s Religious Traditions published in the US.
He has edited eight books on Buddhism, including the most recent One Dharma: Many Buddhist Traditions in 2013. Benny holds a B.A. (Honors) Education degree from Universiti Sains Malaysia and a M.P.A. degree from University of Malaya.
He is currently employed as the Executive Director of a multinational corporation.